FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q : What services do you offer ?
A : Bangkok Advanced Clinics is a polyclinic with five specialty medical centers:
1. Spine and Joint Center – This center offers the four modern treatments of bone and joint: Conservative, Interventional and Surgical treatments, as well as Active Core Muscle Training Exercises.
2. Knee & Leg Shape Correction Center – Both genetic factors and degeneration can cause the misshaping of legs and knees, so at Bangkok Advanced Clinics, we use the non-surgical alternatives and just the small-invasive surgery treatment called MHTO (Modified High Tibia Osteotomy) techniques to correct the problem.
3. Smiling Foot & Shoe Center – Our Shoe and Insole fitting center offers services especially for individuals who, not only want to correct their foot problems but also want to correct the abnormal spine structure, neck bone, hip and knee, at the same time (Top to Toe).
4. Hair Advanced Caring Center – This is our Innovative treatment and recuperation of the hair and hair roots by modern medical techniques.
5. Keishikai Dental Clinic – Keishikai Dental Clinic has 26 cumulative years of experience in dental treatments, Dental Implantation and Dental Cosmetic Design. The clinics is well-known and is trusted among foreign and Thai patients for the longest time ever.
Q : I have a back pain but I don’t want to have surgery. What can I do ?
A: 1. Interventional Treatment: This is a modern innovative treatment, which consists of knowledge, technique and equipment to prevent the surgery.
- Vertebroplasty: an outpatient procedure using a cement injection to stabilize and treat fractures in the spine
- Kyphoplasty: the use of balloon techniques to treat the declined spine
- Nucleoplasty: Disc decompression by special needle and real time X-Ray
- Radio-Frequency Rhizotomy: the use of the special radio frequency to treat the chronic neck and back pain
- Percutaneous Epidural Neuroplasty (PEN): the insertion of a micro fiber line to treat the spine disease
- Sacral Epiduroscopic Laser Decompression (SELD): the use of microscopy to aid the laser treatment of the spine disc hernia
2. Active Core Muscle Training Exercises:
After the patient is cured, this prevents recurring of the disease. The Active Muscle Training Exercises with an expert helps the patient to recover quickly. In some cases, it can prevent the need for a surgery.
3. Body Balancing Shoe and Insole
Q : MHTO meaning ?
A : The purpose of the bow knee joint operation is to correct the consequence of the symptom. The beauty of the straight legs comes with it. The procedure is first to see the doctor for the body structure examination especially at the knees. The x-ray of the knee at specific positions will be taken to make sure that surgery is necessary. There are some patients that it’s more appropriate to take other measure not the surgery. There are many alternatives to choose from.
In general, the Modified HTO operation for each leg will take 40-60 minutes. It can be done each leg at a time, at the 3 months interval, or both legs at the same time if the patient condition is fit for it.
After the operation, the patient can go back home after staying at the hospital for 3-4 days. The patient must use the crutches to help walk and not to put the weight on the operated leg when standing or walking. When sitting down the feet can be put on the floor as usual and the knee can be bent immediately.
After the operation, the patient needs to come to clinic for the checkup for 4-6 consecutive weeks. On the 4th week, if the x-ray film shows that the bone is completely healed the metal piece will be removed and the patient can take a walk right away.
In case that the bone still not fully recovered the patient has to come and take the x-ray to check week by week until it is completely healed.
After that it will take some time for the muscle to recover. Need to wait till the muscle is strong enough before getting back on sports.
Actually there is more information on this. When you come to see the doctors and while you are waiting on the queue you might be lucky to meet with the patient who had the operation. Most of them will be kind enough to exchange the experience with you.
The patient who is younger than 50 years usually takes 4-6 week before taken out the outside metal piece. And, can put on weight immediately after that. It is recommended that you first come to see Dr.Somsak Laowattana to take the x-ray of the knees structure. Then discuss with Doctor your condition.
Q : What is the process of doing Body balancing shoe and insole ?
A : Smiling Foot and Shoe Center working steps
- Inspection and diagnosing the structure by the orthopedic doctor
- Use of a full digital x-ray to check the structure i.e. measure the spine angle, the pelvic, knee joints and body height
- Static and Dynamic Foot measuring
- Accumulating the data and analyzing the problem
- Seeing the shoe specialist to make the shoe or the insole, from the measurement data
- Continuously following up the results.
Q : How old does it needs to get start checking body structure ?
A : 1 – 90 years old
Q : Do you have X-Ray at Bangkok Advanced ?
A : YES, we have a high quality of X-Ray machine. It is called Full Digital X-Ray.
Q : Dr. Somsak Laowattana (Orthopedic Surgeon)’s timetable ?
- Tuesday , Thursday , Saturday 9:30AM – 5PM
- Wednesday , Friday 9:30AM – 2PM
Q : How to get to Bangkok Advanced Clinics ?
A : Bangkok Advanced Clinics is located in the middle of the high growing business area in Sukhumvit. It is at the entrance of Sukhumvit Soi 24, close to the Emporium mall. It is very convenient to come to the clinic. It can be accessed from either Sukhumvit road or Rama 4 road or through the BTS skytrain go to Phrom Phong (E5), take the exit 4 and walk about 40 meters toward Sukhumvit Soi 24 to get to the clinic.
Q : Do you have accommodation and transporation ?
- Accommodation : We have comfortable and standard room for single night
- Transporation :
– from airport to Clinic
– from your accommodation to Clinic
– from your accommodation to Clinic and wait until you finish and send you back home
– from your accommodation to MRI Center